Hi :)
I think it's time for a little tough love. I need to make a plan and stick to it. Some rules perhaps? They are at the bottom.
I had a rough night. Don't drink while on antidepressants kids. I had 2 rum and pepsi, and almost got sick. I can't clearly recall what happened (nothing too bad, other than some sweet potato fries), but woke up a lot in the night. I think I had a panic attack after a bad dream, I woke crying, chest aching. It was pretty awful. I really don't need this extra stress and have assignments and a midterm this week.
Before that though, my weekend was going good. This is the part where I'm a nerd. Friday (I have no school on Fridays :) ) I gathered acorns in the forest. Hippie, right? It was for school, a teacher is doing a study related to oak growth and regeneration. It was fun though, someone brought a dog, and we all just hung out in the trails for a bit.
Saturday, I went to a local native reserve, where we learned about edible and medicinal plants and went for a hike and then I ate food (?!). I fell asleep on the bus there (it took about 2 hours) and my head was bouncing on the window, so now I think I have a bruise, but it is covered by my hair.
Thursday, I made a trip to the library, since I didn't go Friday and got some new books. Here's a recommended list of what I've been reading lately. It all involves supernatural romance, I think
- Darkfever, Bloodfever, and Faefever by Karen Marie Moning. There are 2 more books out in the series, and I really enjoyed these. But the endings really leave you hanging and you're like, "GAH! What happens next?!" Also, I am a little in love with the male main characters.
- Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost. Vampire books. I am also a little in love with the male character in this one. More for adults, I think.
- Blood Red Road. Can't remember who wrote this, but it was sort of apocalypse/alternative future-y. Think Hunger games, minus all the kids fighting to the death. Well, actually, never mind, there is some fighting to the death. I liked it.
- A Discovery of Witches. By Deborah Harkness. Loved it. Even though it got a little twilight-y, because it's a love story involving a vampire. Twilight would have been good if Bella wasn't a disappointing heroine, and Diana (Discovery's heroine) is really cool.
Eating rules:
-Not after 8 pm
-Not when not super hungry
-Not before 8 am
-No more than 1500/day (if exercising for > 1 hour) or 1200/day (if not)
-Try to eat healthy
-Make a plan for the day, then stick to it
Exercise Goals:
-Run at least 3 times per week
-karate
-Burn 800/day as often as possible
Other:
Weigh once a week (Mondays)
Post here more often
Keep a written journal
Track using My fitness pal (if anyone wants to be MFP friends, let me know :) )
Plants I learned about at the Dokis's
-Sweet fern
-coral mushroom
-slippery jack mushrooms (family?)
-cedar, balsam fir (good for colds)
-balsam sap is also good for injuries
-angel of destruction? deadly mushroom
It's been a while so I really hope you're doing well. :)
ReplyDeleteThe plan seems a sensible one and hopefully you've been able to stick to it as best you can.
Big hugs ♥
p.s. Those books sound like something I'd be into so I ordered 2 from the library. Now I just have to find the time to read them!
Sounds like a good plan to me, how are you going? x
ReplyDelete