I wanted to be more detailed than this but am having trouble organizing my thoughts so here goes:
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
(I've only read the first two; there are 6. Highly recommended. They are about demons and fairies and other supernatural beings, but the main character/ narrator is a human girl.)
Going Bovine by Libba Bray
(really liked it. If you like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, you'll like this. But it is about a dying teenager, so that's kind of sad but the ending is uplifting/hopeful/not bad)
Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
(About teens who attempted suicide but get help. I like the way it's written, in poems, but it was (obviously) a little emotional/upsetting. I'm reading Identical now, by the same author. A lot of her books are about tough subjects, like drug addiction, teen prostitution, sexual abuse so so far they have been all a little upsetting)
White Cat, Red Glove and Black Heart by Holly Black
(This series was REALLY good. It's about an alternate society where some people have the power to curse others (ie, kill, change luck, transform things, break bones, change emotions) but it's illegal so there's this whole life of crime/organized crime aspect. I recommend basically anything by Holly Black)
Bitten and Stolen, both by Kelley Armstrong
These were both great too, about the only female werewolf. If you like stories with a strong heroine, these are great but maybe not recommended for younger readers (violence and sexual content. Reader discretion is advised lol)
Thirteen Reasons Why
I can't remember who wrote this at the moment but I liked the way this was written. Again deals with emotional subject matter (crime, suicide, rape)
Can you tell what I do at work all day? I am also knitting a blanket, and sometimes watch movies :)
Take care <3
No comments:
Post a Comment