06 February 2011

Weight loss plan

Yesterday, I came up with my plan for weight loss.  My goal is 123lbs by April 10th.  This means a weight loss of 15 lbs in 60 days, or 1lb every 4 days, with a few spare days thrown in.

To accomplish this, I'm going to eat 1300 calories/day and get in an hour of exercise 6 days/week.  I hope to burn 400 to 500 calories exercising every day. This exercise can be going to the gym (which means running or biking for 30 mins, then 5 mins of stretching, then working abs and doing push ups and finishing with 30 mins of weight lifting), snowshoeing, skating or walking for an hour (the snowshoeing/walking would be done on the trails near my school, lots of hills), or working out in my dorm room doing yoga or other exercises I've found online.  I'm a big fan of making exercise something you enjoy or can easily fit into your  life. For example, yesterday instead of taking the bus home for the grocery store, I walked about 20 minutes.

I'll be writing down what I eat and keeping track of the calories and protein (because I'm vegan and it's harder to get the required amount of protein on a calorie restricted diet. I hope to build muscle too, not lose it so protein will be important.) So the calories I'm cutting will come from carbs, just because thats where I get 60 to 70% of my daily calories. I'm going to take a multi-vitamin too, just to be safe. I'll try to spread out my meals into many small snacks throughout the day, so I don't get hungry.

I'm going to weigh in every 4 days and measure once/week. By March 4th, I should be down to 130, at which point I'll see if I feel healthy and revise the plan if necessary.
Between now and then, I'm going to figure out a plan for maintaining this weight loss.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment