22 September 2011

Days drift by

They all seem to blend together. I am content. I think.
So why can't I sleep? I don't think content people cry this much.
I miss tyler...
I am enjoying school. My classes are good, interesting. I am with my friends again, which is nice. I am learning karate again! And I am well on my way to being recovered from my knee injury, meaning that I can start running again :)

I am living in residence again. My roommates are... I guess I'm not sure about them yet. They seem nice at first glance, but there is the little things that bother me. They fill up both sinks with dirty dishes, so there is no room to wash. They talk really really loudly, which I especially notice early in the mornings on days when I don't have class until the afternoon. They seem to both have problems with their boyfriends a lot, or maybe they just like to complain about their boyfriends. Can you tell that I kind of think of them as one person?

Lately, I have been thinking about boyfriends in general, thinking that maybe they aren't so bad and could even be good sometimes. And then one of my roommates talks about something her boyfriend did and I just think, yep, I'm going to be a crazy cat lady.

Or at this rate a crazy fish lady. I have a little tank set up in my room at school. It contains all the plants I could fit, a few snails and 7 neon tetras. They're so cool to watch, but really delicate. They get stressed really easily and if they get too stressed they could die. So far, they're doing ok though. I've had them for a week and one day. I think. There was only one close call, yesterday they all looked bloated and sick and swimming funny, but I think it was overfeeding and I changed the water too just in case and cleaned it as best as I could.

I think my life is coming together. I just need to lose some weight.
So here's the plan to do that (without sacrificing other aspects of my life):
 - Eat about 1750 calories/day (I'll probably post like a weekly summary or something here)
 - Karate class 2x per week, practice a little everyday (or at least 3 extra days)
 - Run. Build up mileage again. (Goal: 13-20 km/week by Dec 12th) Currently: 8 km/week
 - Try to do yoga everyday (Or at least 5 days/week)
 - Hike the trails by the school (but not get eaten by a bear or wolves)

There was an otter in the school pond today. I'd never really seen one before, so it was really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment