02 August 2011

Good morning

I just woke up a little while ago and weighed myself. 137! Actually the lowest it was (I step on and off a few times to make sure its right) was 136! I'm really hoping that when I'm fully hydrated, it'll still be under 140. I think I'm not as badly dehydrated as yesterday (but still pretty bad). The skin on the back of my hand still tents a bit when I pinch it though, a sign of advanced dehydration.
So. Ireland trip! It was really good, we saw a lot of the country. As far as meals went, it was kinda hard to find vegan things, but it went something like this:

Breakfast:
cereal and soymilk
fruit
water


Lunch:
nothing or an apple or a banana or grapefruit (or some combination of the three)
or a few (like 5) pringles


Supper:
Steamed vegetables and rice
some kind of curry (with coconut milk) and rice
pasta with tomato sauce or veggies
The only thing I had to drink (mostly) was a pint of Bulmer's Irish cider with supper. It was pretty much enough to make me falling down drunk, especially because I usually drank it while waiting for the meal, on an empty stomach. I think I'm still going to keep drinking to a very minimum this fall and winter though. It seems like something I could get addicted to and it also probably made me fat (not so much the alcohol but the late night drunken binges).


And we did a lot of walking to see things, and I went running a few times with my dad. The hotels all had pools too so it was nice to go swimming.


I am still worried about going back to school. I don't want to be in that place where I was with psycho ex. I'm worried that my roommate/best friend will spend all her time with this guy she likes/her new boyfriend. I'm not really sure about him, even though we met him a year ago, when we started college. This girl told me he scared her when he was drunk and she'd been with abusive guys before, so I figured she'd know. To be honest, he scared me a little when he was drunk too. Saint Patty's day (I can't remember if I wrote about this before or not) when everyone was really drunk he was dancing with me (as part of a group) and he had his arm around my neck, so I was basically supporting him and wouldn't let go. Maybe he didn't mean anything by it though and it just scared me and that's why I'm not sure about him.

I think that's the main reason for my being nervous, because I'm not sure how to act around them.
*sigh* ... well I guess I'll get it figured out...

The only part of our trip that wasn't so much fun, was spending tons of time with my neighbour and his girlfriend. They're like I thought things were with psycho ex before the illusion shattered: affectionate, happy, fun. It makes me sad to think they don't know how great they've got it. It made me wonder if maybe I'm missing something with this whole independence thing, if maybe I should be trying harder to find someone new. I don't know... Whatever it was, it was depressing.

In good news: I'm still sick and skipping work today! I know this looks super sketchy, cuz I just took a week off, but I actually can't go in to work today. So I'm probably going to stay in bed and watch desperate housewives for a good portion of the day, and then I'm going to come up with a good exercise plan for August. I need to shape up for karate!

Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment