05 July 2011

July 5th

Breakfast
Cereal - 300

Lunch
sandwich - 300
watermelon - 150

Supper
pasta salad - 300
leftover vegetables - 250
almonds- 150
hummus and carrots - 100
cereal - 200
granola bar/cookies - 350
peanut butter - 300

Total - 2400 calories
Burned - 1500+500
I also worked on my feet all day banding geese, so that probably burned a few off... I think I broke even today. Going to try to start again tomorrow, just practice days and then I'll start fresh on saturday. So 500 calories/meal and no snacks.
I think where I went wrong today was getting home really late for supper (almost 6, usually I am home and eating by 5) so I was so so hungry and I just lost control. Also, today we lost a goose. It was just a baby gosling (maybe 3 or 4 weeks old) and it got trampled. We let a little family go, because it was a really big flock and their babies were very small, still yellow and fluffy. We separated most of the adults right away and a few babies almost got trampled a bit, but we scooped them up and got them banded and released right away, and one I got to just hold onto for a few minutes, because only two can be banded at a time. He was limp when I first got him and I was worried at first, but I could feel his little heart pounding so I figured he'd be ok. We got him banded and released and he ran away fine. He was even trying to get away from me a little bit after a few minutes. My shirt got really dirty though because he was just covered in poop from the other geese. They run right off the the river though so they're all cleaned up in no time.
Going to go out to work in the garden for a while, and then bed early tonight. Tomorrow I go to the eye doctor to get contacts!

No comments:

Post a Comment