09 July 2011

Summer Saturday

Breakfast
Cereal - 280

Lunch
celery with peanut butter - 100
celery with hummus - 80
grilled broccoli - 60+ (olive oil) 30
tofu - 90
watermelon - 25

Afternoon snack
almonds - 150

Supper
pina colada - 180
corn on the cob with sauce - 250+200
tofu with sauce - 150

Total: 1600
Remaining: 9600 for the week or 1600/day

Good day  today, if a little bit high. If I hadn't had the pina colada, that would have been better. Stupid liquid calories. I really hate breaking that rule, but my dad made it specially for me... I refused them politely after the first though.

This morning we drove to Ottawa (the nation's capital!) for groceries. Usually we go to the town near where we live (it's about a 2 hour drive to Ottawa) but my parents wanted to go to costco and get some seafood.
Costco freaks me out. I hate it there. How can people routinely go there and buy such huge quantities of everything and then not waste it? Or pig out/make themselves fat? I got kind of anxious there today and ended up only getting one thing - a big box of frozen edamame. Partly because I really like it, but also because it's frozen so I can take 6 months to eat it if I want. My parents buy meat there and freeze it, and cereal because me and my brother eat a lot of it. But I can't understand how people can go there and buy a box of 30 chocolate bars. Unless maybe they're bingers but still... Why would you do that to yourself?

Anyway, we went to another grocery store on the way home, and I got some vegetables and stuff. We got home early this afternoon and my dad and I worked in the garden for a little bit. Then we got out the kayaks and my old windsurfer. There was a nice breeze blowing so I went out and I think I have it fairly well figured out now. The only thing was, I got pretty far away and then the wind died. I had to try to coast back as best as I could. That took a little while but I eventually made it back on my own. I saw an eagle, probably hunting.

It was a pretty good day today. I might take my board out again tomorrow.

Some fun facts I looked up:
Statistics for canadian women
Average height - 5 '4"
average weight - 145 lbs
avg. BMI - 24.8
Being overweight is associated with health risks, as is being underweight.

So I'm average weight. Roughly... That sucks. More motivation to change. I'm not average and don't want to be. However, I'm much taller than 5'4", and my BMI is below average. So that's good :)

I haven't weighed myself in a while. I'm scared of what the scale's going to say. Maybe after I start running again. I hope to start tomorrow, if I'm feeling good in the morning. My new running plan is to go through cool running's 5K training, then the 10K, then finally the half marathon. Depending how long that all takes, I might run a half marathon at the end. I'm going to go slow though, so I don't get hurt. And I'm going to consider eating more on days that I spend over an hour running.

This week's plan
Four 5 km runs (Sunday,tuesday, thursday, saturday)
one 3.5km run (wednesday)
two rest days (monday and friday)

I hope this works well!
Take care <3

No comments:

Post a Comment