08 February 2012

Fast.
Starting right now, until Friday morning, at least. Maybe longer, we'll see. I really need to work on this whole not eating when not hungry and eating too much.
I am finally done most of the things I had to do this week. So tonight is my sleeping night. Or rather, my lying in bed watching tv night.

Yesterday, I learned something kind of interesting at school. There was this guy, his name was Kalhoun or something like that and he did some studies on rats. He locked them in a barn with food and water and stuff and observed them and their natural behaviour. Eventually, they became over-populated. They started attacking each other and ganging up on one another and stopped having babies and started killing each other's babies. He drew comparisons between these rats and people, saying that we (cities maybe?) are over populated and it affects us the same way: makes us violent and all crazy. Scary thought right? But this kind of thing is true for basically all other animals. Overpopulation has negative effects. Anyway, people didn't really like being compared to rats so he lost a lot of credibility. But then someone else did a study with voles, except he just fenced them in a field and observed similar things. He didn't compare to people though, just animals in general. But people are animals. I think it's important to remember that.
We had to dissect a fish today. That was... upsetting. I want to ask if there's any way I can not dissect anything the rest of the year (we have to dissect a cat by the end) but I don't want to seem weak. Or like a slacker.
That's all for now. Take care <3

No comments:

Post a Comment