12 February 2012

Reasons to Run (and some other stuff)

Social interaction tonight *gasp*. But I am finished season 2. Ahh, Canadian tv :) I may have already found another show to watch though.
I think tv might be my new thing. Instead of freaking out/not sleeping or whatever I just watch tv all night. I am unbelievably tired. And trying not to abuse sleeping pills or become reliant on them.
I lost a couple pounds, I think. Now I just have to try not to eat or drink too much tonight. It's a gathering of people from school. There's going to be a lecture, but it's held at a bar... So I'm not too sure if we're supposed to pre-drink or not. It's supposed to be a good time, but I can't help but remember (or not remember rather) the christmas party. I actually hate being drunk, but sometimes I use alcohol-involved events as a socially acceptable time to drink until it doesn't hurt. And then drink some more. I would really rather not go, to be honest.  But maybe it will be fun.
I am anxious about vacation next week. Going with my grandma and parents... it promises to be a good time full of comments about my eating. (my grandma actually called me "miss piggy" one time. Recently. I did eat a whole vegan pizza, but it wasn't very big and I was starving after an active day... And I'm an adult and can eat a whole pizza if I want to, dammit! It pisses me off when people who aren't maintaining a healthy weight judge me for what I eat or don't eat.) I would be quite happy to alternate between my bed and the beach, but that will probably not happen. At least I get to go somewhere though.
I went running yesterday. First time in a while. God, I love running :)

Reasons to love running:
- Makes you feel badass and tough for running outside on a Saturday morning when it's -24*C
- feel good about your body
- burn calories and help lose weight
- health benefits
- if you get attacked, you might be able to run away from them
- mental health benefits. Makes you less crazy
- "runner's high"
- perfect excuse to listen to music you normally wouldn't or would be mildly embarrassed about listening to.. But since running makes you badass and tough, people don't care. Like how really smart people can get away with being eccentric. Crazy genius and all that.  (I like Love Drunk, by boys like girls, Mr Immature by Stef Lang and lots of other stuff :) )
There's lots more, but I have some other stuff to do now.
Stay badass :)

No comments:

Post a Comment