17 April 2011

Dreams and memories

  I have been having the craziest dreams lately. I dreamed about crazy ex boyfriend's ex girlfriend. She was sort of my friend. In my dream, she was bulimic. The puking kind. And I dreamed about his other ex-girlfriend. She likes girls now. In my dream she was apologizing for something and saying she wanted to talk. I dreamed about crazy ex boyfriend. I used to have nightmares about him all the time, but haven't for a while. Until last night. I can't remember it clearly enough to explain.
I wonder about dreams sometimes. I have dreams where I wake up and remember something that happend a long time ago.
Sometime in February, I had this dream...

I am three years old. We live on a farm, with a large pool in the backyard. I only know my basic shapes: square, circle, triangle. When I ask, my mom says, It is shaped like a kidney. I don't really know what a kidney is, but now I know what they are shaped like. The pool is 8 feet deep in the deep end and 4 ft deep in the shallow end. I'm not allowed in the deep end because I can't swim very well.
Uncle Tim, dad's brother, is watching me and my brother. I think my parents are in the barn, working. My brother is sitting at the side of the pool. Uncle Tim is swimming with me. Brother likes watching Tim go down the slide and asks him to go headfirst.
I watch from the shallow end as Uncle Tim goes down the slide. I walk towards the edge of the slope where it  drops off. I keep walking. The water burns my eyes and blurs my vision. I keep walking...
I wake up at the side of the pool. I'm crying and my throat hurts. Uncle Tim gives me a pink, white and blue popsicle and tells me not to tell...

I remember this happening. But since having this dream, I realize stuff that's wrong with it:
  • I could swim by the time I was 3, and always wore waterwings.
  • I would not have been tall enough to touch the bottom, even in the shallow end at 3.
  • Why would he tell me not to tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment