31 March 2012

Forgetting

I lie awake in bed
Images run through my head
Of kids and grown men

I think of the lies
I'm trying hard not to cry
I think it's too late

Drink burns down my throat
His hands slide under my coat
I want to forget

All his lies to me
Promises to set me free
I want to forget

And my own lies too
It's just a scratch. Not hungry
Now. I'll eat later

I trust you. I'd tell
You everything, but I'm scared
This means I'm not pure

Dirty from him and
From attempts to vomit
And small pink razors

It's his voice in my
Head. Telling me to get high
On being empty

I need to forget
The things that he said. I know
It's not him it's me

The sun rises now.
Burning away the sleep
And bringing me back

Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment